We have adventure genes! On the left is Boyd Murray floating on the canal in Altonah. Uncle Lee is on the right. Note the fine workmanship on the boy-built raft. This is such a classic photo of our patriarch. We can only imagine the adventures he had as a boy on the family homestead in the Altonah Indian country. There was lots of hard work, but we can see there were times of great fun. The canal was dug by their father, James Beck Murray, and the other bench pioneers working together to divert water from the river to their fields. James Beck Murray was the first person to file after the Indian reservation was opened for homesteading.
Friday, September 7, 2007
"Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn" Murray
Posted by Kathy L. at 3:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I hope they don't have snapping turtles in Altonah... hahahaha
(We'll have to get Jason to post his snapping turtle stories. I have a couple of my own that I will have to post sometime.)
Post a Comment