CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Hello from the Dustin Sharp Family


Hi everyone! This is a great idea to help us all keep in touch. It's especially good for people like me, who married in to the Murray clan. I have to say, it's been hard for me to keep all the aunts, uncles and cousins straight. So make sure you all post pictures so I know who you are!

Anyway, here's the latest on us. I'm the wife of Dustin Sharp, who is Margaret (Murray) Sharp's son, in case anyone is confused. We've been living in Springville, Utah now for about four years. Dustin has been going to BYU this whole time. After exploring Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, he finally settled on Manufacturing Engineering. He is enjoying all the hands on classes and projects he gets to participate in; everything from plastic injection molding to metal machining. He will finally graduate next August!!! It's been a long haul, that's for sure.

We have our two boys, Ethan -4 years old, and Owen -16 months. They are very cute and make us laugh quite a bit. You have to have a sense of humor when you have young ones. We couldn't have asked for better kids, though. Ethan actually turns four on Sept. 15th. He's on a waiting list to get in to the local preschool. We are a little disappointed about that. He was excited to go to school. And since he is a September birthday, he won't get to go to Kindergarten until two years from now. He will get priority placement for preschool next year, though. Owen, on the other hand, is a momma's boy who won't ever let me out of his sight. Hopefully, the transition to nursery in two months won't be a nightmare for him, or me!

As for me, I attended some years of school before moving out here. I decided to transfer to BYU when Ethan was about six months old. I finally graduated in April 2006, just three weeks before Owen was born. I have a degree in Visual Arts. Currently, I am working at home on my new business. I make stained glass jewelry and hand-bound books. I even built an e-commerce website which I am very proud of, having no prior experience. With a great deal of help from Mitch, who is a computer genius, I did it! You can take a look at: http://www.beckysharpdesigns.com. Any comments or feedback would be appreciated, since I'm constantly modifying the site, trying to make it better.

That's enough about me. We bought a house two years ago and really love it here in Springville. Dustin hopes to find a job locally when he graduates so we can stick around for awhile. Otherwise, who knows where we'll end up a year from now. Wherever a job takes us, I suppose. I will post a family picture as soon as we take one! I cut the kids hair today, which is a start, but Owen has a giant bruise in the middle of his forehead, so that won't work. But I do have some cute pics of the kids on the trampoline from a couple of weeks ago.

Hope to hear more from all of you soon! And I hope you are all doing well.
-Becky, Dustin, Ethan & Owen

1 comments:

Ariana said...

Your guys are so cute! I love the static trampoline hair.