Hey everybody!
Surprise! P-day is now Monday! Yep. We found out last week after P-Day. With all the changes that have been going on, we had been joking that the only thing left to change was P-day, but I guess the joke's on us!
Anyway,
This week has been pretty decent, all in all. With starting the area from scratch, we've been visiting all the members we can find, and we've started visiting one of the families pretty frequently. The father, Delfim, is a member, but the rest of the family isn't. We went by on Friday and made cheesecake for them, and it's really opened them up. It's pretty funny -- I thought cheesecake would be something like "bolo de queijo" or something like that, but nope, it's "cheesecake" (pronounced like "sheez-KEK". weird.).
I don't have time to send pictures right now -- this internet café we're using is taking a little getting used to. There are only four computers, and I have about 10 minutes left.
It's pretty cool to see Preston going to town on those shelves. I've still got my IKEA catalog that I look through every once in a while.
We're not relly sure what we're going to do for P-day today. I've already seen everything in my DK Lisbon tourist guide. We were going to go walk on the aqueduct today, but we found out that you can't walk on it unless escorted because of some crazy murderer in 1853 who would throw people off. So we're loking for ideas, still.
In going by members on our ward list, we've only found two so far that have died, only a few who have moved, and surprisingly a lot at home. In most of my other wards, lots of people had either moved or died.
OH, I remembered this a few weeks ago, but when I applied for my Portuguese drivers License, they took my Oregon one from me. Is it possible for you to go to the DMV and request a copy without me being there, or do I have to do that when I get back? Does it take a long time? I don't remember if the government is as unbelievably slow there as it is here. (I still haven't actually received my license yet, and I applied for it a year ago.)
Anyway, I'm out of time. I'll go on a quest for a better internet café when I get the chance.
Tchauzinhos
Elder Lobo
Monday, September 28, 2009
SURPRISE!!!
Posted by Ariana at 10:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment