CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, September 27, 2009



Hey everybody!

I don't have a whole ton of time this time, but I can send pictures, so according to that saying, I am sending you an extra 2000 words in attachment.

Thanks for the news! The news about the BYU - Florida State game wasn't too surprising, but oh well. 7 games against high school football teams later and we might have another good game to watch at the end of the year.

The adjustment to the new area has been a little difficult. We live 20-30 minutes away from the ward boundaries. We're basically starting from scratch, except that I know some of the members and how to get around. We visited a part-member family that hasn't been to church in a while, and it was pretty interesting. They have two kids, and I spent most of my time keeping them busy so we could talk to their dad. I usually carry some paper and markers with me, and it worked out pretty well. I got the 4-year-old kid to be coloring at the table and kept pulling faces at his older brother so he would calm down. Everybody was smiling by the end, and we're going back on Friday to make cheesecake with them.

It's crazy, though, Elder Silva can get on the phone or start a conversation with just about anybody and it usually works out pretty well. There's just something about not speaking perfect Portuguese that people seem to not like so much when I call them. Oh well, ainda bem.

We're focusing on strengthening the members in the ward. Elder Silva was blown away when we went knocking the first time -- he wasn't used to people being so rough with him. He had only been in very calm areas far from Lisbon and, on top of it all, he's from Porto up north, where the people are apparently much more civilized.

Gotta go catch the metro (subway)

I love you guys and thanks for the updates

Beijinhos,

Elder Lobo

0 comments: