Hey everybody
It's ALEXANDER'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXANDER!!! You're almost double digits!
I got a letter from Brother Larimer yesterday and it's Christian Larimer's birthday, too! He was the best hangman player I've ever seen.
AND it's Father's Day this Sunday. Pai Day! Happy Father's Day, PAI!
Well, I'm attaching pictures from our trip to Sintra with António Fragoso last week. It was fantástico!
I really have no idea what I want to write about this week. There really hasn't been anything too extraordinary going on.
In an effort to not go so crazy and develop a little bit of patience, I decided to give the whole “art” thing a try. I bought some dry pastels a couple weeks ago, and those are pretty fun but aren't quite what I had in mind. I bought some oil pastels, which I really like, but it feels too much like I'm “coloring”, so I'm moving to different things. I'm dipping my toes into the world of paint, and I bought some tempera paints because they were cheap, but they're kindof a joke, so if anybody has some kind of expertise (ARIANA), I would appreciate some thoughts on the subject.
Valdino is doing just about as great as always. We made him a deal that if he didn't have work on Sunday we would come make breakfast at his house to get “despertado” (woken up) and psyched up for church. Within the last couple weeks, I've felt it's ridiculous to try to have what I see as a “professional” relationship with investigators. Reading and watching videos about Preach My Gospel makes it sound like investigators are machines and missionaries are machines, and you just have to get the right gear ratio or octane level and then people will suddenly do anything you tell them to do. But that's not the case.
The other people we're working with haven't been home, so there's not really much to talk about there.
I love you guys a ton
Beijos
Elder Lobo
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment