General Epistle:
I invite everybody to think at Christ's visit in the Americas. He taught what we call the “Sermon on the Mount” in basically the same way as he taught it to those in Jerusalem. When he said “my time is at hand”, had he finished teaching? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
I invite you to put down what you're doing grab your scriptures or go to lds.org and read 3 Nephi 17:1-3. When Christ taught the people, they couldn't understand his words.
So, he taught them the Gospel more clearly than in ANY OTHER recorded event, second only to the Atonement itself.
I invite you to try this:
Recognize that Christ had been teaching the Gospel only with words in the previous chapters.
Now, STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING, CLOSE YOUR EYES, BREATHE DEEPLY, THEN OPEN YOUR EYES BACK UP AGAIN AND CALMLY READ ALL OF 3 NEPHI 17.
“My bowels are filled with compassion towards you”
He cured people ALL manner of afflictions and infirmities.
That was when He said His joy was full.
SO WAS HE FINISHED? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
He kept blessing the people, He had angels come down, He blessed the children one by one, He prayed to the Father for them, and He drew everyone's attention to THEM, not to Himself. (“Behold your little ones”)
Words could not express what He did. Have you ever heard of the “unspeakable” Gift of the Holy Ghost?
OK.
Did you get it?
Now, right now, go do something nice for someone. If you're not sure what to do, don't do anything else until you have a sincere idea.
I SEND YOU THIS EMAIL BECAUSE I LOVE YOU
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE AND THE G2'S!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
The Unspeakable Gift of the Holy Ghost
Posted by Kathy L. at 9:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment