HEY EVERYBODY
I don’t have much time today at all. Since 9 AM this morning, we’ve been helping out with the giant group of 14 new missionaries. We went to the airport, drove them back to the office, got pizza, hung around with them, and we just got back from taking them to the mission home. It’s now 4:18 and we have a dinner/goingawayparty for Elder Croshaw at 5:00.
It’s been crazy. Elder Croshaw is going to Cacém to be district leader, if I haven’t already mentioned that. It’s been a really good three transfers with him. It’s been really hard in the office for me with all the time sitting around and not really doing anything that captures my attention. But it’s been good, and he’s been a great friend to talk to this whole time. He’s the first companion I’ve really been able to get to know (since I was only with the others for six weeks at a time).
Elder Wardenburg, from my MTC group is coming in to be the new financial secretary. I had mixed feelings about him coming in. President told me in my interview on Monday that he was bringing him in because he hurt his ankle and it isn’t getting better. It kinda worries me because Elder Wardenburg has never given me the impression of being a very… focused missionary. But I’m sure we’ll do great. Being in the office has a very different dynamic than the MTC and the field, especially since we’re practically a quadruple here in the office because we spend so much time together. It’ll be good.
As for happenings, Elder Croshaw and I redid the computers at the mission home with the software provided by the church. So we ended up hanging out with President talking about all sorts of things while we installed all the stuff. We spent a while with Sister Terry teaching her how to use Microsoft Office 2007. It reminded me so much of doing computer stuff at home. Saturday, we went to another ward’s baptism of a Brazilian kid of about 16 years. It was really cool. I hope he stays strong. We had family night with Familia Teixeira, and we talked about Thanksgiving. We did that “pass the bowl around and say what you’re thankful for” game with them, and it was amazing. I really needed that – I feel like my “attitude of gratitude” really needs some work. With all the giant changes in life over the last year or so, I feel like a lot of the characteristics about me that I felt good about had fallen through the cracks. A lot of my gratitude and optimism has taken a big hit, not just because I got out of the habit, but because I started thinking too much about it all. I do that a lot. I don’t know what to do about the whole thinking too much that I seem to do.
We have an appointment to teach Deco’s wife tonight!!!
I’m out of time – P-day flew by.
FIQUEM BEM!
Elder Lobo
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
pizza helpsheatformcalculator.xls
Posted by Kathy L. at 10:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment