I sent Christian an email about the Stake conference we had on Sunday...it was a broadcast from Salt Lake (actually the Marriott Center) featuring Pres. Packer and Pres. Uchtdorf. It went to like 130someting stakes including all the BYU stakes. Pres Uchtdorf said something about how more boys in Utah need to be worthy and prepared to serve missions. He said (something like) the following, "To all the young men here in Utah who are of missionary age but haven't chosen to go: Forget about that big truck with the huge wheels, and think about serving your heavenly father. Those trucks are a risky investment anyway, and I don't know why they are so popular with the Utah county young men."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I about died. Too funny!!!
Here's Christian's response....
"Oh man incredible. Elder Uchtdorf is the man. I think it's good that he
said to leave the trucks behind, because so many people come on missions anyway
without leaving their trucks behind (they never stop talking about them)."
I love Pres. Uchtdorf....he really speaks his mind! He came to our stake in Portland shortly before we moved (we got a new stake president). He had stayed with the old stake president (who was in our ward) at their house. On their way to the airport, Pres. Uchtdorf asked if they could stop by the Portland Temple so he could make a quick visit. I guess they had lots of extra time. On the way to the temple, the stake pres's car (a BMW) started flashing a warning that one tire was going flat. They pulled over to check it out. The stake president apologized to Pres. Uchtdorf and asked if they should continue to the temple, or call somebody to come and trade cars. His response was:
"President, you are driving German steel!! Drop me off at the Temple (they were almost there) and go get your car fixed. Then come back for me."
hahaha good story! The stake president's wife told us about it in church the next day. :)
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Funny comment from Elder Lobo
Posted by Ariana at 8:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment