Since we will probably never be all together for Thanksgiving, I thought it would be fun to have an online Thanksgiving exchange here on the blog. Please share any special recipes or stories you might have....and we can pretend we are all together. :-) I know there are some funny stories floating around out there! (Mom--post your story that got read on the BBC!)
I'll start. Here's our (famous?) roll recipe that we make every Thanksgiving. They are soooooo good! Be sure to make extra so you have some the next day for little turkey sandwiches.
----------
BUTTER CRESCENTS
1/2 c scalded milk (microwave till it boils)
1/2 c butter
1/3 c sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp yeast softened in 1/2 c warm water
1 egg
4 c all purpose flour (about
Scald milk and pour over butter, sugar, and salt. Cool to Lukewarm. Add egg, dissolved yeast, and 2 cups flour; mix well. Add enough flour to make a soft dough that leaves the sides of the bowl. Knead 5-10 minutes. Allow to rise in a greased bowl till almost doubled.
1 comments:
Great idea! When I get a minute this afternoon I'll post...
Post a Comment