With Thanksgiving next week, I've been thinking a lot about what I'm grateful for. I truly feel so blessed, and particularly this week I'm grateful for doctors who have made my kids feel happy and healthy again! (The ophthalmologist, pediatrician, and hopefully in the coming weeks, the otolaryngologist, aka ear nose throat doctor. For more on this, check here and here on our family blog.) I'm grateful for a sound mind, and strong faith. I'm grateful for great parents and in-laws. But I am grateful, most of all, for my sweet husband. We have been married now for just over 6 years, and I can honestly say that I am more in love with John now than the day of our wedding. I am grateful that we have learned and struggled and grown together, through school, moving (we have lived in 3 different states and 6 different apartments or houses over the last 6 years), at least 12 different jobs (between the 2 of us), pregnancy and childbirth, and most importantly, parenthood.
My hope for all of you this Thanksgiving is that you will take a moment to cherish how blessed you are. I know I am better for having known each of you. Thank you for your friendships, examples, support, and love! Happy Thanksgiving!
Here is our favorite pumpkin pie recipe:
1 T sugar
1 1/2 C Thawed whipped topping
1 graham cracker pie crust
1 C cold milk
2 C pumpkin
2 packages vanilla instant pudding
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t ground ginger
1/8-1/4 t cloves (less is more here)
Mix cream cheese, sugar, and the 1 T milk with whisk until smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on bottom of crust. Pour 1 C milk, pumpkin, pudding, and spices into a separate bown. Beat with whisk until smooth. Will be thick. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped topping.
0 comments:
Post a Comment