Hey everybody!
I spent a little bit too much time admiring the Calvin pictures, so I'm going to have to be quick! Congratulations to Ariana and crew!!!
Good grief, it sounds like the house EXPLODED. I hope the insurance and everything pulls through. I remember the last time the pipe froze in the living room, but it sounds like that was nothing in comparison to this one.
Well, transfers happened, and I stayed. Elder Johnson went to my last area in Lisbon and Elder Greg Walker (who knows Uncle Golden and Missy) came over. It's just three of us covering what was once two areas. We've been working even crazier than usual in order to finish me off well. We've been finding a bunch of people to talk to and trying to get them discovering what we're really offering them, but so far it's nothing too spectacular. We've spent most of the time in Monte since Costa is mostly empty at this time of year (it's basically a beach town).
I've got a funny story about learning gratitude. We were heading home Friday night and decided to visit Raul, a legless guy who I had talked to in the street a couple times before. He lives on the 7th floor of one of the pink buildings by our house. It's rare for the elevators to work in mamy of the buildings around us, but we got this one to work to get up there. On the way back down, the elevator wasn't working, so we went to take the stairs. The lights weren't working (not surprising), so we walked slowly down the dark stairway. I was going down first, and after making it to the first landing I pointed out a stair I hadn't been expecting to the other two. Then, getting down to the sixth floor, I REALLY found a stair I wasn't expecting and twisted my ankle a bit. It was pretty funny to me at the time, and I got to share the story of the last time I had fell down the stairs. Ghettos and stairways are not a good combination for me, apparently. Anyway, we walked home and I iced it with a couple frozen hamburgers, sleeping with it elevated on a pillow. We went to get me an elastic bandaid the next morning and after wearing it for a couple days, it feels way better. It doesn't even hurt anymore, but I'm still being careful and wearing the bandage. Moral of the story: I'm glad I have ankles I can sprain.
We had the ward Christmas party this Saturday, which was much better than expected.
I'm running out of time. ... in more ways than just email. hahaha
Well, thanks for updating me on my bank balance. I'm going to Lisbon today to get some last-minute stuff. I'm pretty sure this is my last real P-day, seeing as next week's is the day before I leave.
gotta go I LOVE YOU GUYS
Elder Lobo
Monday, December 14, 2009
14 Dec 2009
Posted by Kathy L. at 10:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment