
Well,
Hey everybody!
Thanks for all the great emails this week. I really enjoyed reading them all. I got a letter from Brother Larimer in the mail (WOO! MAIL), too, and I’m hoping I have enough time to write back today (I only have about 35 minutes left in the P-Day).
Darrell sounds so awesome! Keep me posted!
Another week of incredible awesomeness to report.
Conference was SO COOL. It was incredible. Elder Cobridge’s talk blew my mind. I was so focused during his talk that I was just… completely sucked in. Elder Croshaw and I had been talking about a lot of the things they talked about throughout the couple weeks before conference: how pointless the world is without the Savior, how confidence and hope have to be in concrete things besides your own abilities, and a bunch of other things. Elder Uchtdorf’s talk about hope was great. Elder Holland’s talk really struck me that even if there were only two human beings in the whole universe, our Heavenly Father would still love them enough to provide everything they would need to return to Him. So COOL.
We had Saturday morning at 5 PM on Saturday, and then Priesthood rebroadcasted Sunday Morning, so four sessions of conference on Sunday. It was incredible. I can’t wait to go watch it again in person.
And did anybody else notice that Andrew Allen (from the Skyline Ward) was on a massive close-up while the MTC choir was singing during Priesthood Session?? I jumped out of my chair when I saw him. Where is he going??
Basically, Conference envelops everything I could possibly want to talk about this week, except for transfer meeting, which was yesterday.
Today for P-Day, Elder Croshaw and I went to Baixa in Lisbon to get him a suit. We went around a few stores, and at a store called Zara (where I got my 6-month tie) we found INCREDIBLE SUITS for 150 € total (about $210). We found some really ridiculously cool suits that I would try to find an excuse to buy for after the mission. There was one I really, really, really liked, and tried really hard to rationalize buying it right now. I still haven't spent the birthday money on anything, etc. It was a dark-brown, striped (but the stripes weren’t pinstripes – it looked like the fabric was woven in alternating directions), two-button suit with the European cut, so it didn’t look like a giant box with buttons. I’m kinda bummed that I bought two American suits before I came here. Anyway, I definitely want to get a suit like that for afterwards (because there is no way I will find brown shoes that fit me anywhere here). It was a really fun P-Day today.
Transfer meeting yesterday.
We weren’t in it, obviously – we just got Subway for everybody. But the striking news is that missionary files were retrieved to review for the financial secretary spot, and Elder Croshaw’s card is still there right next to mine (I caught a glance when I was talking to President yesterday). This means that it is highly probable that Elder Croshaw is STAYING. ANOTHER. IN THE OFFICE. I feel so sorry for him. Hahaha. Lift where you stand, I guess. The last person to stay for five transfers in the office only did so because his new companion had to go home, so he spent one extra transfer in the middle of his stay as the lone financial secretary, in a tripla with the other office elders.
Short email this week. Sorry.
O tempo passa a voar! (Time flies!)
Amo-vos!
ELDERLOBO
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Singing by the choir
Posted by Kathy L. at 11:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment