CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Elder Lobo's on the Move!

Elder Lobo is getting TRANSFERRED :)

Here are his pictures from this week.

(Building where the roof burned during the earthquake in the 1700s...)




To whomever it may concern,

It's whoever.
No, it's whomever.
Whomever is the formal version of the word.

Well whomever wants to guess where I'm going, can just go ahead and do it.

THE OFFICE! Financial Secretary, comps with Elder Croshaw, at the address of the office, which is in Benfica:
Rua Jorge Barradas 14C
1500 Lisboa


Hey everybody,

Buckets to write about today.
So last P-Day, we went to Lisbon, and I got a new favorite tie of mine. I wore it to church on Sunday, and I got a picture attached for you to see. It's beautiful. We walked up one of the elevators in Lisbon (I'm not paying €3 to go up an elevator, thanks) and right by it was the cathedral that has no roof because of the earthquake in the 1700s. It was really cool.
After P-Day, I went on a division with Elder Allen in Massamá (5 out of 5 times I have gone on a division with a zone leader, it has been in their area, and I LOVE IT). We went to a place called Idanha looking for a woman who showed up randomly to church. We didn't find her, but we talked to a bunch of really cool people. I love working in the calmer areas. People aren't bombarded there with TJ's and tvCabo and Clix and Vodafone and everybody. Publicidade (advertisement) is so annoying here.
We had a third lesson with Vanda, who is really motivated and is very serious about what we're teaching her. But she's going on vacation for three weeks, so hopefully she won't lose too much momentum (and hopefully she'll keep reading).
I taught English classes again, and luckily they all go to English classes in Benfica, so I'll still see them! Woooo.
Friday. The last weekly planning of the transfer. Man I was glad to get it done with. That night, we had dinner at the Gourgel's, the crazy Angolan family in Monte Abraão. That night we had a lesson with Jojo, who isn't really progressing at all but is still concerned enough to want to learn more, and Domingas, whose kids are always crazy and make it really hard for her.
On the way there, we stopped in Ana's store to see how she was doing, and she was there with an inactive friend, who I know pretty well. I asked her how long it's been since she's been to church, and when she said, "months," Ana was like "AH! PECADORA!" (Sinner!) So Ana got on her case about going to church, and so they planned on going to church together on Sunday. How crazy is that? Ana has really wanted to go to church, but is scared because she doesn't know anybody there. So it seems like it was a really good opportunity for her (and for the inactive friend).
Saturday, we reviewed the Restoration with Cleriston to help him with the foundation of his testimony. He is incredible. There really seems to be something about the Spirit that helps people do the right thing even when they don't know what they're doing. It's very visible between the investigators that progress well and the investigators that don't. But they have to do things to invite the Spirit, like keeping commitments. That night we taught Dá and his family. We also taught Luisa and Vitor, but they're about to get themselves dropped because they're apathetic and don't keep commitments.
Sunday morning, Henrique called us at like 7 AM to ask me to teach the Principles of the Gospel lesson. We went to go walk with Dá and his family to church, and on the way we ran into Ana waiting for her friend, who hadn't shown up yet (she never did, so Ana went home). Dá was sick, his cousins had to work, and his aunt didn't want to go anymore. We got to church, and it was really good. We switched schedules so Sacrament meeting was last (it was the first time in my life for me, I think). But yeah. After it all, I got pictures with a few members. "What, do you think you're leaving or something?" It was funny.
After that, we had lunch at Henrique and Iaci's house. Dad, I'm pretty sure you and Henrique would be really good friends. He reminds me so much of you - it's hilarious. You dress alike, talk alike, are both Corintios fans, both like Enya, etc. etc. It's hilarious. I gave him your email, and Iaci said he emailed you yesterday. Funny stuff.
We had a lesson with Ana, where we were going to talk about keeping the Sabbath, but she had mad dúvidas (doubts) so we talked about prophets and getting our lives in order so the Spirit can bear witness to us more easily.
That night, we taught a really inactive guy, Uesley, who hasn't been to church in five years. He barely remembered the restoration and all that, he was smoking, drinking, and a bunch of other bad things, but he knows it's wrong and wants to come back. Good luck with him, Elder Colby and Elder Coombs.
Monday we had District Meeting, and not much else really happened.
Yesterday, we talked with Cleriston about favorite scriptures. I talked about 2 Nephi 4 with him, and Elder Colby doesn't have a favorite. 2 Nephi 4 is probably my all-time favorite -- I've come back to it time and time again. It's awesome.
President called in the afternoon while we were getting our stuff ready for the Ward Council that night. I thought he was going to be district leader, but when he looked at me I was just... yeah. Blown away. I'm really excited to go to the office, as a matter of fact.
I was more excited to know I'm getting transferred, but being in the office will be really good for me, I think. I feel like it's a place I can really help, and the little proselyting time will help me really value every second of it, which I need more. Elder Croshaw is AWESOME. AND I HAVE TO LEARN TO DRIVE A STICK! I get to drive! I hope I don't die. People here drive crazy. Also, most people stay in the office for four transfers, so I'll be there until the END OF THE YEAR, basically.
I'm really going to miss Amadora, but I'll still be close enough to visit Cleriston or Miguel or other members on P-Day or something, which makes me really happy.
Anyway, I've got to email some pictures to Cleriston.
I love you all tons!
Abração!
Elder Lobo

0 comments: